Is My Toyota Prius/ Camry Hybrid Battery Dying?
Is My Toyota Prius/ Camry Hybrid Battery Dying? If So - What Are My Options?
Assuming you’ve already decided to get your Hybrid battery looked at, there are generally 5 different recommendations that most service providers will make for a hybrid battery replacement. Here is a look at each,
1. A Conditioned Hybrid Battery: These typically range from $1,200-$1,800, returning the vehicle’s battery performance to over 90% of the original efficacy.
2. Complete Hybrid Battery Replacement with New Battery: Typically ranges from $3,000-$8,000, depending on the model, with the drawback being extremely expensive and the negative impact this has on the environment.
3. Complete Hybrid Battery Replacement with A Used Battery: This is the process of taking a “used” battery out of another Hybrid vehicle and swapping it out with your existing unit. Pricing for such a service can be in the $1,500-$3,500 range but is incredibly risky without doing a performance test on the “used” battery.
4. Rebuilt Hybrid Battery: Generally costs $1,500-$5,000, depending on the vehicle model and other factors. Keep in mind that this does not include your installation costs.
5. Battery Tested and New Cells Installed : THE BEST METHOD! Have your battery rebuilt with new Nimh HV Battery Cells. In most cases you may need 1 or 2 replaced and and Hybrid Battery Repair of Tamap Bay will come right to your home and do the complete job for $499.00 plus $50 to clean the Hybrid Battery fan. Go ahead and give us a call for a diagnosis on the hybrid system. 727-565-5685